Set up two nets for a cross ice game. Game starts with the Coach chipping a puck out in front of the first two players to create a race for the puck. They play 1@1 for fifteen seconds then two more players are added to create 2@2 game. After fifteen more seconds two more players are added to play 3@3. After fifteen more seconds, the original two players drop out creating a 2@2 for fifteen more seconds then two more players drop out so the game finishes 1@1.
The keypoints are:
- This game works on the player's ability to read and adapt to different game situations.
- The puck carrier tries to find a pass as quickly as possible but also makes sure he always protects the puck
- The offense players without puck skate to get open for a pass or block lanes for the puck carrier
- The team on defense plays man-to-man, the puck carrier must be pressured at all times
- It is also a great conditioner as each player plays for a total of 45 www.pamagoldenknightsacademy.com #pamagoldenknightsacademy#pamagoldenknights#pama#labedahockey#powerslide#reignhockey#pgkablog