Passing and skating skills drill. Start backwards without a puck and give and go with next player in line. Then pivot forwards and play another give and go before you pivot at the center line facing the puck and receive the puck again. This time pivot with the puck forwards and go for a shot on the net. Practice to pivot in both directions.
The key points are:
- Proper pivoting backwards to forwards with and without puck.
- Always face the passer/puck.
- Heads up while skating and passing.
- Pass in stride.
- More advanced players can do 2 give and goes.
- Ensure players practice to pivot with puck in left and right direction (do a fake move and then pivot into the other direction) -> control the puck.