2 players start without a puck about 2 meters after each other from both sides.
3rd players in corners are ready for passing a puck.
Pass to the first player approaching and then to the second one.
The first player coming out of the corner is the defender for the 1on1 and goes around the center face-off circle after give and go with the opposite corner in order to get into a 1on1 defending position.
Step up and do a break out pass to the second player approaching once he is in proper position (swinging low).
After the break-out play 1on1 and try to score.
The key points are:
- good communication when passing
- crisp passes tape-to-tape and give and goes
- find proper timings
- play 1on1 with full speed
- defender plays proper GAPs along the way to the net, stick on puck after center line, keep inside position and try to keep the forward to the outside lane
- goalies properly angle for the shots and step outside of their crease